At this stage, we are still recovering from our journey. I went cold turkey in terms of trying to sleep on West Coast time, but Linda was awake for part of the night. Anyway, after Linda had rested some, and the sun was lower in the sky, we took a walk to Oyster Bay, the closest place to the ocean for us.
Well, we are departing from our home away from home on Gateway Boulevard:
There was this nice walkway along Gateway Boulevard:
There were quite a few professional offices mixed in with the hotels in our accommodation area:
As we approached the intersection of Gateway Boulevard and Oyster Bay Boulevard, we could see some interesting (and, I suspect, rather expensive) town houses on the coastal hill
I thought his was an interesting office building built at the bottom of the coastal hills.:
South San Francisco claims to be the birthplace of biotechnology. There certainly were a lot of biotechnological firms in the area as evidenced by the number of technical parks). I took the pictures of a very few of their logos.
We ran across this rather interesting shrub embedded with spider(s) and its (their) web(s). Linda also saw a plant next to the road that smelled like a dill.
Well, this was our walk’s objective: the Pacific Ocean. Anyway, there was a marina.
I couldn’t tell whether this structure was a disused wharf or a disused platform for anchoring oyster beds. Anyway, it’s disused.
Here we are at the half way point of our walk. By the way, unlike a lot of the rest of the US right now, San Francisco is cool. breezy, and sunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment