We decided to have a look at some of the waterfalls south of Jasper on the Icefields Parkway. The first we looked at was Athabasca Falls which was about 30 km south of Jasper.
We could see many picturesque views of the Athabasca River as we were driving to the falls:
We finally arrived, and Chuck made sure his boots were on:
It actually wasn’t much of a hike to get to the falls. On the way, we could see the surrounding mountain and the river upstream:
Here is a nice view from the other side of the falls:
No matter where you looked there was a photo shot. Here are a few of the falls:
However, stills may depict the beauty, but to appreciate the majesty and the power of the falls, video is to be preferred. I have pieced together a few of our videos (by Linda) into this clip which I hope will show you what I mean.
Here is an example of erosion through a solid rock face:
Just to show who was there, here is a bit of a rogues’ gallery:
No comments:
Post a Comment